UNIT: Fire Galley (Attack Animation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNIT: Fire Galley (Attack Animation)

Heres a new flc of a fire galley (while attacking). Any feedback will be appreciated. Since I dont know how to do so, I cant post a graphic of the flc in action. If someone can tell me how I can post such a graphic, I will do so.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SpencerH; March 2, 2002, 17:21.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Open your unit in FLICster.

Hit "Print Scrn" to the right of F12, open a graphic program, press CTRL+V.

Cut out the interesting part and save it as a gif or jpeg, gif is better.

Attach it to a post below mine.

* I don't know how other artists convert flic's to animated gifs either.

I'm looking forward to seeing it :-)
    MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

I've put together an animated GIF. I'm not sure how this will work when attached!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SpencerH; March 2, 2002, 17:22.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Looks cool!

But I think the smoke should rise vertically from the flames, perhaps not ejecting from the same place as the fire.

The black cloud seems to do a warp effect like the starships in Star Trek -- it freezes, then BLAM it zaps away. Perhaps you'd like to add a few anims of the smoke cloud disappearing too, so that the animation "loops" a bit more seamlessly.

If you could change the symbol on the sail to something else, that would be excellent, but it's not a must.

Great work! I'm sure your unit will find a comfortable place between galley and caravel.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'm going to change the smoke and remove some of the "twitching", but it'll take some time to complete. Work beckons!

I'm tired of using the regular galleys (firing arrows) as warships for the ancient times so I plan to use it edited for naval power with beefed-up stats but less cargo capacity (I already use heavily modded unit stats.

I'm thinking about adding a required tech advance "alchemy" somewhere (maybe through mathematics) then allowing the Mediterranean Civs access to it once discovered.

Comment

Sounds good to me, good luck with it : )

Comment

Great work! I'll be excited to use the improved one when it comes out.

Comment

Thanks for the comments,

The revised version is underway with thick smoke coming from where the opposing ship should be burning. From the few pictures of older flamethrowers (modern flamethrowers are too efficient and there is little smoke from the flame itself) I've been able to find, the smoke originates from the end of the jetted flame and from the target as it burns. Its slow going but I hope to post the revised version this weekend. Its hard to make thick black smoke look realistic with the limited palette available!

Comment

New Version

I've posted the new version "ver2" (brilliant nomenclature) and the matching gif.

Comment

Nice, I like it. Would you mind if I include it in a future version of The Balancer Mod?
                    Yours in gaming,
                    ~Luc

Comment

Nice, I like it. Would you mind if I include it in a future version of The Balancer Mod?
                      Thanks for the input.

I'd be pleased if you did. Its why I posted it.

Comment

Any plans for any other units? I'd love to get a peek. I haven't messed with units yet, but I am getting ready to add some techs (with correct science advisor screens) so new units are going to be a must. I'd hate to have to reuse graphics. Either way, thanks, this is great work.
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I'm thinking about making a highland infantry UU. It'll take a while to get done though.

Comment

Working...
                          X