Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have the dreaded "slow scrolling" problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have the dreaded "slow scrolling" problem?

I'm starting to wonder if the problem I'm having with Civ3 is akin to the scrolling issue others were having several months ago. I noticed in that thread that slow unit animations were part of that problem and that's my one and only issue. I have to turn off every animation or wait for each one to slooowly work.

I have WinXP home, using either a 32MB Riva TNT2 or a 64MB GeForce2MX but it doesn't seem to matter. I have used the newest drivers/detonators and I've used the older ones as described in the slow scrolling thread - no difference.

This issue was supposedly addressed in the 1.16f patch but it made no difference, and neither did 1.17f. I have used the information in the patch readme file to try various resolutions but nothing changes.

I have a 1.3 athlon with 350+ RAM. I also have a generic 19'' monitor if that may lend a clue.

I have not seen anyone else with this issue lately, so if it's been hashed and rehashed already then I must have missed it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Working...
X