MOD: Airpower can sink ships mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOD: Airpower can sink ships mod

well personally i think that airpower sinking ships will not balance the game, and that all it does is make naval units weaker, and it still doesn't give airpower the strength they need, however you wanted it you got it!

this mod isn't perfect because the only way to enable air units to sink ships is to make them cruise missiles which means they die after an attack, but they can still sink ships (and also destroy ground units) though

anyways, i changed the cruise missiles to dive bombers, they are air units, with a 6 range, 8 bombard and 3 RoF cost 40 shields comes with flight and requires oil, and although they die they can kill ships and land units

also i made aircraft carriers only be able to hold fighters, dive bombers, jet fighters, and F-15's

you only have to replace your civ3mod.bic with the included civ3mod.bic (be sure to make a backup copy of your civ3mod.bic in case of any problems) to recieve all of the changes

special thanks to candidgamera for making it all click together in my mind

if there are any bugs tell me and i will fix them, i will most likely only fix bugs arising with this mod for now, but later on i may do more with it, though of course i will co-opt any of the really successful changes into the Blitz mod which includes the changes i actually think balances the game

Additionally, the AI will most likely build lots of dive bombers since they are cheap, so this is just to warn you ahead of time
    Attached Files
    Last edited by korn469; February 24, 2002, 04:00.

In my expirience AI almost never build cruise missiles. I'll be surprised if it would build this dive bombers...
    Check my SF mod

Aliens Legacy

Comment

s3d

the AI type is set to Air Bombard, not cruise missile so they should build dive bombers in about the same numbers as they built bombers before the changes rather than cruise missiles

Comment

Working...
      X