Problems Downloading Apolyton Civ 3 Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Downloading Apolyton Civ 3 Files

When ever I attempt to download a Civ 3 file from this site I encounter the same difficulty. The file downloads as an "attachment" and I am unable to open it.

Is this a common problem or just me? I do not have problems downloading from Civfanatics, or indeed any other site. I have winzip 8.0.

I would be grateful for any help or suggestions.

Many Thanks.

Some people are having problems downloading file, and others have no problems. Try the suggestions in this thread.

Comment

try upgrading to ie5.5
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Thank you for your prompt replies.

Mark G. - I already have I.E 5.5 .

Nero - Thank you for the thread. It would appear this is a commonly experienced problem without any clear explanation as to why it happens. It is certainly very frustrating. I attempted to download pkunzip from the alternative siter posted in the thread but this also arrived on my desktop as an attachment!! I've also tried opening with winzip and generally messing about but to no avail. I decided to return to Civfanatics to get the files I want but can not get access to the download or forum pages. They must be down. What a crap day.

Thanks again.

Comment

As the final act of a desperate man I made one last bid to download the Snoopy mod pack and recieved this message in the window that opened:

META HTTP-EQUIV= "Refresh" CONTENT = "5; URL=

What does it mean? I don't understand!!!!!

Thanks.

Comment

just rename the file when it asks you where to save it, and give it an extension

Comment

Working...
            X