Changing the music files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the music files

I was wondering if anyone had a clue where the music files are hidden and what format they are in. I think it would be great to be able to add music to your mods to give them flavor. For instance, I have tons of mp3s and also midis that I could splice together or edit/cut to fit most formats, but I haven't firgured out where the music files are hiding at. The ones in game already are kinda catchy, but they're too short and get old after hours listening to the same short pattern over and over.

Just think, if we can get this format figured out we might be able to add ww2 movie music to a ww2 mod, or some final fantasy music to a fantasy mod, etc.

Sigh, I missed this directory, but I found the music files, they are in the civ3\Sounds\build\ directory.

LOL, and they aren't short either, I guess time flies when you're playing civ3. Hopefully they just play whatever is called by that name and they aren't checked for length.

As you can see, they aren't different from any other mp3 (at least to my untrained eye):

aerosmith

Size: 4531204 bytes
    Header found at: 0 bytes
    Length: 283 seconds
    MPEG 1.0 layer 3
    128kbit, 10866 frames
    44100Hz Joint Stereo
    CRCs: No
    Copyrighted: Yes
    Original: Yes
    Emphasis: None

indGRfull (civ3)

Size: 5112361 bytes
    Header found at: 0 bytes
    Length: 319 seconds
    MPEG 1.0 layer 3
    128kbit, 12259 frames
    44100Hz Joint Stereo
    CRCs: No
    Copyrighted: No
    Original: Yes
    Emphasis: None

Crap, so much to do this weekend, but I would like to make a sound mod that replaces the existing music with music from final fantasy.

Don't forget about modding the sound guys! w00t!

Comment

Good luck. I'd do this as well, but the only problem might be sharing the mod on the net... could get very big.

BTW the music doesn't work on my computer anyways.

Ahhh... the ironies in life...
      "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

Working...
      X