Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Request to the Modding Community: Would someone create an art database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Request to the Modding Community: Would someone create an art database?

What I am requesting is simply that all of the art files that can be reused be collected in a single place with a small readme on how to use the files in the data base. This could help modders save a great deal of time.

The number one art file i can think of is the units_32.pcx

If someone could simply create a units_32.pcx database that included a sequential number of units_32.pcx from 32+1 up to like 32+15 or 32+20 that would mean all a potential modder (especially one who lacks artistic skills) would have to do would be open up the database and select the units_32.pcx file that matches the number of units you added to their mod, for some mod makers this would only save them a few minutes, for other mod makers who don't have paint shop pro and can't wait on a 30mb download because of a severly limited internet connection this could be a life saver

I'm sure that there are other art file that are could be kept here as well. Grampos mentioned in his multitool thread about a file that is wrong because of an offset that needs to be fixed. All art files that could be recycled could be in this database.

I would really love to see this happen

you can find a units_32.pcx with room added for 5 new units here. I left the spots blank so you could count them and know where to put new icons if you want to add your own to the file. it doesn't matter that they are blank because you can use the editor to change what icon is used.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, but it would take some time to get one big enough.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
      X