starting to get angry here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting to get angry here.

Ok, so I'm making a mod, and there is some kind of glitch that makes the game crash when I exceed a certain number of cities (10 the first time, 6 this time). It definitely has to do with the cities, as I have gone back to the auto-save and replayed the turns many times. It also has nothing to with the city names as far as I can tell.

Any theories?

Have you made anything with the FP?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

File Program?

.flc parameters?

Flaming Pustule?

Forensic Pig?

Fotgrafia de la Panama?

sorry, not following you...

Comment

Forbidden Palace.

Comment

What`s yhe matter with the FP?
          Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
          religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Originally posted by godinex
            What`s yhe matter with the FP?
            Well, it becames buildable with a certain number of cities, so if something has been edited with that, or any other conders have been given the ability of that their might hve gone something wrong, but it's just a guess, thats why I asked.

Comment

Nope. Didn't touch the FP.

I am thinking about giving each civ the ability to build 3-4 extra FPs (named something else). Will this be a problem?

I'm just going to have to playtest this in stages. Add techs, then play. Add units, then play. Add govs, then play. Tedious.

Comment

No, more FPs would work, as long as they have wonder splashes. How mush did you change before you got the crash?

Comment

--added new units (C3CT)

--changed unit stats

--added new techs (but hadn't gotten to them)

--added resources (2 bonus, 1 strategic: I connected the strat to my city w/ no problem)

--miscellaneous tweaks (terrain modifiers & defensive bonuses; stuff I had done with my earlier mods and had no problems)

Comment

And it wasn't the new units; I ran a first playtest with them, setting their costs to 1 and prereqs to none, and built them all in a row.

Comment

It might be the strategic resource, but I don't think that so early.

Comment

*sigh* where is Dan Magaha when you need him...

Comment

Not to say I don't appreciate the efforts of the esteemed Gramphos...

Comment

Originally posted by Furtigan
                            Not to say I don't appreciate the efforts of the esteemed Gramphos...
                            Can you try to use the multi bug, and see if the other civs does something when it crash.

Comment

Yeah, adding more Forbidden Palaces is a good thing, and is something I did early on. Now, it's one for each era:

Forbidden Palace (cost 300, Philosophy, "Industrious", needs 8 cities)
                              Taj Mahal (cost 400, Theology, "Religious", need a Cathedral)
                              Statue of Liberty (cost 500, Industrialization, "Expansionist", need a Harbor)
                              Arc d'Triumph (cost 600, Motorized Transportation, "Militaristic", need two Armies)- okay, this one isn't actually in the Modern era but it's close enough

Because of the increasing costs you'll still want to build them in order, but it really makes large empires feasible again.

To the original question: you said you added new techs but hadn't reached them yet. Is it possible that one of the AI players reached it? The game would die just the same, and I know that's been a problem with new techs.

Comment

Working...
                              X