REQUEST: PCX Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REQUEST: PCX Tutorial

Could one of you clever chaps post instructions on how to make PCX files? I'm working on my mod, and I'd like to add a couple of resources (Timber and Oasis, maybe bananas too) without changing the ones already there. I've seen files with each of them, but not both, and I'd like to figure how to do this on my own.

(Unless of course someone wants to do it for me... )

i would suggest paint shop pro 4.12 for simple changes like that. you just cut the image from one pcx and Ctrl-E to paste it into the other pcx.

Comment

Is that program downloadable?

Comment

yeah try a google search for it. I never got used to the latest couple versions so I've kept 4.12 (i think its at 7 or 8 right now)

Comment

Do I need to C & P the whole box, just the icon, or does it not matter?

Comment

open up resouce.pcx select and copy the stylized resource that you want to use, and then open up resources.pcx and paste as selection (ctrl-e). then just adjust any color differences so it looks like you want it to. i also suggest you add heed's resource tabs to your resources, they help a lot. heed's resource tabs can be found in this thread

Comment

got it working, thanx

Comment

Check this file out for lots of new resources.
                Angelfire on Lycos, established in 1995, is one of the leading personal publishing communities on the Web. Angelfire makes it easy for members to create their own blogs, web sites, get a web address (domain) and start publishing online.
                MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Working...
                X