Why won't the animals move?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why won't the animals move?

I wanted to have an affect of animals moving every few turns in a mod but it isn't working. I tried using a disappearance probability on horses etc of 1 just to see if they would disappear and reappear somewhere else. According to the help, a 1 would be 1 chance in 1 of disappearing, that is, every turn. But nothing. It doesn't work. Why is this? AM I doing something wrong or is it a bug?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

hmm have you tried something above one, like say 20 or something around 50?

Comment

I tried a few figures for various animals that could move - 5, 8, 10, 15 but there seems to be not a scrap of difference. I wonder if they've made it so that the game has been going for a certain amount of turns before resources move.
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

I believe that resources will only "move" after a road has been built on them.
        The difference between industrial society and information society:
        In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
        In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Yeap, the road is necesary because its mean explotation of the resource.
          Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
          religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Originally posted by Optimizer
            I believe that resources will only "move" after a road has been built on them.
            No, it is not so. The depletion does not depend of usage in civ3. Don't ask me why, but that the way it is and Firaxis has confirmed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristjan

No, it is not so. The depletion does not depend of usage in civ3. Don't ask me why, but that the way it is and Firaxis has confirmed it.
              That's what I used to believe but I have never seen a resource disappear that was not connected to your road network. Next time you have a resource disappear, go back to a prior save and pillage the roads on it. It won't disappear and never will.

Comment

I believe the editor that comes with Civ 3 will not let you set a rate for these to disapear. Rik

Comment

If a resource disappears, does it necessarily reappear somewhere else?

Comment

Yes, unless you or someone else have since destroyed another civ.

If resources are set at 1 per civ, and then a civ is killed off, there is 1 too many resources on the map. So one disappears forever.

If there is still the same amount of civs, it will just appear somewhere else.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Next time you have a resource disappear, go back to a prior save and pillage the roads on it. It won't disappear and never will.
                      If you pillage the road, you are changing the random number seed, also, which affects the disappearance.
                      Civfanatics Forum Co-Administrator

Comment

Make it higher. The help is wrong, it's actually the higher the number, the higher likelihood of disappearance. Just look at the probability for oil vs. the probability for rubber.

If that doesn't work, stick a banana in your CD drive.

Comment

Working...
                        X