• technical problem; please help

Win2000
    Athlon XP 1600
    256 DDR Ram
    40 GB HD
    GeForce II ti
    Latest Drivers (as of last week)

Here is what's happening:
    1) Everytime I try to initiate diplomacy after starting the game, it freezes for about 30 seconds, repeating the little jingling noise. Then, it's fine, even in later negotiations. A small problem.

2) After about an hour of playing, the game will crash, saying "Civ III has generated errors and needs to be restarted. Debugging...". Usually not a big problem, as once I restart it's fine again.

3) The Major problem. I am about to wipe the Romans from the map, taking down the last Roman ship with a settler in it. EVERYTIME I destroy the ship it says the above line (Civ III has generated errors, etc.). I have attached the file below. Use the battleship to destroy the Roman trireme. Does anyone know what could be casuing this?

3) It will be fixed in the next patch
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Meaning the one after 1.17f? *sigh* How long will that be? I've waited a long time to finish this map

any ETA of the next patch, or what causes this problem, any other information would be appreciated. Does it occur only with one settler left?

Comment

Originally posted by Aendolin
        Meaning the one after 1.17f? *sigh* How long will that be? I've waited a long time to finish this map

any ETA of the next patch, or what causes this problem, any other information would be appreciated. Does it occur only with one settler left?
        Well, someone reported this bug once the readme was out, so it couldn't be fixed for this patch. It is related to when the last settler is on a sea transport, yes.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Aendolin

Apparently it was supposed to be fixed in 1.16f, and they didn't realize until just recently, after 1.17f was released, that it wasn't.

Comment

ok, thanks for the info...looks like I'll have to give him a city, sink his ship, and then take the city Shouldn't be too tough.

Comment

Working...
            X