Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CivEdit Help (Problems changing Civ3mod file)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivEdit Help (Problems changing Civ3mod file)

This is a really strange problem and hopefully someone can help me out here. Anytime I make a change to the civ3mod file using CivEdit and save that change, I can start up Civ III, and the main menu pops up on the screen, but when I double-click new game, or quick start, the drums sound indicating I've double-clicked, but nothing happens. Even if I go back into CivEdit and change the setting back to the way it was, it still doesn't work. I have to either reinstall patch 1.17f or back up the civ3mod file and restore it.

At first I thought it might be some sort of illegal change that I was making, however, I changed something as simple as the number of cities allowed before corruption attacks on the World Sizes tab. I changed this setting from 12 to 13 on a Tiny Map. The same thing happened when I tried to start a new game.

I am running the game on Windows XP. Anyone have any thoughts on what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance

Have you downloaded the correct editor version for the patch?

(Sounds as the BIC is wrong version)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Did you download the correct editor? There was a mistake and the wrong editor was sent out with the patch. If you save the civ3mod file using it, the game won't work.

Comment

Drefsab: I have the exact same problem as you do, but I'm not a 100% sure it has anything to do with us players making changes to the editor... since I haven't done that. Actually I get a quick glimpse of the load bar, then it cancels and I'm back at the start screen.

What I did was to first download the 1.17f patch and then download the 'correct' Civ3Editor.exe.

I'm using Windows XP btw.
        MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Can you post your bics?
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Windows XP

I'm running Windows XP.... and I have the same problem.

I don't have anything else to say that would help any of you - just wanted to let you know that it could possibly be Windows XP.

I did do something interesting, though. I changed the BIC by hand (meaning no specialized tools) and changed some minor value (like 11 to 12) and when I clicked on New Game, it still wouldn't do anything.

Comment

Working...
            X