Suggestions much appreciated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions much appreciated...

Here is the README I put together for a mod I'm working on. Tell me what you think and give me suggestions if it tickles your fancy

List of changes 0.4b

*General Settings:
    Shield cost per gold changed to six.
    Citizen value in shields changed to 40
    Turn penalty for hurries and drafts back down to 20
    min research time down to 2
    Only two cities needed to support an army

*Governments:
    Two new governments added: Fuedalism and Fascism
    Fuedalism:
    req: Fuedalism
    draft 4/turn
    mp limit is 4
    allowed units are 4, 6, and 8 for town, city, and metro
    corruption = problematic
    Fascism:
    req: Nationalism
    draft 4/turn
    mp limit is 8
    allowed units are 4, 8, and 12 for town, city, and metro
    corruption = communal
    standard tile penalty applies
    *assimilation chance = 15%
    Re-imposed rate caps:
    *Anarchy 5
    *Despotism 7
    *Monarchy 8
    *Communism 8
    *Republic 10
    *Democracy 10
    *Fuedalism 8
    *Fascism 6
    Worker rates:
    Despotism, Monarchy, Republic, Fuedalism - 2
    Democracy, Fascism - 3
    Communism - 4

Improvements:
    Added "Vanguard Square," a communism-specific building that increases production in that city by 50%. Cost is 20 shields.
    Bank, Factory, Manufacturing Plant, Mass Transit and Airport now reduce corruption and waste in addition to their original effects.
    Military Academy no longer requires a victorious army, and increases the size of armies by one.
    Pentagon requires 5 armies in the field.
    Wall Street and Intelligence Agency now reduce corruption (nation-wide) in addtion to their regular effects.

Resources:
    Halved the chances for disappearing resources.

Terrain:
    Oil appears in plains again.

Units:
    Explorer requires Mapmaking instead of Navigation.
    In general, only infantry units can be airlifted now, includes settlers and workers.
    Longbowmen require Fuedalism.
    Cavalry and Cossack require Nationalism.
    Cruise missile is gone.
    Generally increased Naval and Air units stats. Aegis Cruiser now has a bombard range of four to offset the loss of the Cruise Missile.
    Armies now cost 100 shields instead of the ridiculous 400 they did previously. # of armies is already limits by number of cities, no reason to limit their efficacy any further.

World Size:
    Research rate should be increased by *approximately* 20%. This is to offset the rate caps and to make space race realistic for gov paths other than republic->demo.

Citizens:
    Tax Collectors now require currency and yield two gold each.
    Scientists now require education and yield three beakers each.

Advances:
    Renamed Monarchy "Divine Right" and Communism "Worker State." For no readily apparent reason. I may have been high at the time.

Difficulty levels:
    Optimal city percentage starts with 120 at chieftain and goes down 10 percentage points for each additional level of difficulty.
    You'll never spend more than four turns in anarchy. I was sick of 80-year revolutions at 1500 ce.

As to governments:
    I'm thinking monarchy as being more of the ancient Chinese system of government rather than old Europe. Fuedalism I hope to make good for waging war, Republic for science, and Monarchy somewhere in between.

Fascism is a wholly useless government unless you are mobilized, due to the tile penalty and rate cap. Note the assimilation rate, however - it's huge and I'm thinking I may make it larger. Basically Fascism is supposed to be good for all-out wars where you're trying to gain as much territory as possible. Lots of free units, too.

Improvements:
    I want to make communism a production powerhouse, but without the requirement of constantly pop-rushing. I hope Vanguard Square accomplishes this. Also, I forgot to include it, but V Square also make two unhappy citizens content.

Let me know what you think so I can improve this (much of the 3-day weekend will be devoted to this mod, I imagine). Also:

Does anyone know how to make gov't specific units?

[edit: both new governments have the whip as their rush method, as if there was any doubt ]
    Last edited by Kilroy_Alpha; February 15, 2002, 20:04.

I disagree that fascism should have a high assimilation rate. In my planned mod it will be zero. The major drawback of fascist governments should be that they shun multi-culture and only accept their own people as worthy citizens. Another drawback should be great resistance in cities conquered by fascists.

Fascism allows a free market and should thus have the commercial bonus. Another great drawback should be corruption.
    Last edited by Optimizer; February 16, 2002, 19:01.
    The difference between industrial society and information society:
    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Working...
    X