Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.17

Ok just a minor winge about the editor change for 1.17 patch

I had a mod I was working on which in the early part of the game, Thatching requires the Wheat resource to discover... and now the patch wont allow resource use for requirements...

what will I do now...

chuck out my mod ideas and start again from scratch I recon

EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Re: Patch 1.17

Originally posted by Bane Star
    Ok just a minor winge about the editor change for 1.17 patch

I had a mod I was working on which in the early part of the game, Thatching requires the Wheat resource to discover... and now the patch wont allow resource use for requirements...

what will I do now...

chuck out my mod ideas and start again from scratch I recon

Well that never worked anyway, so you're not losing anything. I tried to set a bonus resource as a requirement for some of my buildings, and the game wouldn't recognize it. So they're just saving people from dissapointment as I see it. You could always convert it to a luxury or strategic resource. Apparently you can have as many strategic resources as you like, they just don't show up in the city screen. I understand there's a problem with luxuries though, if you have to many.

Comment

Ok heres an answer

Simple enough, put the resource Icon as a terrain resource and as a technology required resource in the same square as the same icon picture, that was I can have wheat affect the square for food etc etc, and effect the requirement of wheat for thatching
      I knew If I slept on it long enough I would get out of the cage
      EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Comment

Working...
      X