No announcement yet.

Tutorial Request: Improvement graphics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial Request: Improvement graphics!

I've looked everywhere but I can't find any mentions of how to create icon graphics for city improvements and wonders. I haven't even found any improvement icons made by others.

My own icons get screwed up. I'm using the same palette as the Temple icon (paintshop pro is great that way), only 256 colors and the exact same image dimensions. The strangest thing is -- I'm using the exact same icons for my Coffee resource, and they work fine!

I have added the text in italics in the PediaIcons.txt, right at the bottom of the list of buildings:

#
    art\civilopedia\icons\terrain\riverslarge.pcx
    #
    art\civilopedia\icons\terrain\riverssmall.pcx

#ICON_BLDG_Starbucks
    SINGLE
    art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Starbuckssmall.pcx
    art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Starbuckslarge.pcx

#END CIVILOPEDIA ART

################################################## ####################

And yes, the BLDG_Starbucks entry is in the file as well. But the text for buildings is different than the other text I've worked with, so maybe my problem is there? Is the code defunct?

I know I can use pre-existing icons, but that's just not satidfying

Plz. help.
    Attached Files
    MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Here is the entry for the Coffee resource, whose icon works fine.
    Attached Files

Comment

check out this thread

i went through and tried to compile the information for units (see my reply near the bottom of the thread), and in the future I'm going to try and compile the same thing for adding a wonder and/or buildings.

I am not sure what problems you are having, could you define the problem more specifically? Like your picture isn't showing up, or it's crashing when you build it, or it's not showing up in the build queue, or it's not showing up on the city bird's eye view screen, etc.

Comment

I can add units and their icons just fine, and I can add resources and icons for them, but as you might see in the top image in this thread, the icon for Starbucks small wonder seems to expand heavily to the right.

The second image shows the exact same icon I use for Coffee resource, and that works as it should, but I can't get the improvement icons to work.

Third image, which I'm posting below, shows what happens when I open up the Civilopedia entry for Starbucks. It seems to use the mini-icon which was supposed to be show up in the Civilopedia directory... strange, no?
        Attached Files

Comment

try putting the large icon on top and the small icon on bottom. For example:

#ICON_BLDG_Starbucks
          SINGLE
          art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Starbuckslarge.pcx
          art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Starbuckssmall.pcx
          #END CIVILOPEDIA ART

Every single other icon has the large on on top, that could explain what you are doing wrong, let us know will ya?

Comment

Working...
          X