Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what the **** is up with starting locations!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the **** is up with starting locations!?

I am pissed. Firaxis completely screwed up scenario making for this game which is a real piss off because it should've been improved along with everything else. I still dont know which genius thought it'd be a good idea to get rid of the set civ location function Civ II had where you could assign a civ to a starting location instead of piss around restarting the scenario over and over again until you get rome on the italian peninsula, america in the new world, and zululand on africa. is there any way to do this??? I thought they mentioned this as a capability in v1.16f but I haven't found it anywhere and as always, the "tech tips" are about as useful as a sack of dead rodents. please help me out and make these scenarios worth while, otherwise it's just a lot of time wasted.
    Attached Files

They are not ready with the editor yet, and are still working on it.

In the meantime, you can edit the saves, and move the units where you want to.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

are there any cheat programs that let you re-assign a player to a certain location? has firaxis scheduled a release date for the new editor?

Comment

You can edit the saves each time you start. See my CPT -thread, and Civ3MultiTool (C3MT) thread in the files forum.

No date for the next patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

No date for the next patch.
          1.17f will be out by Friday. Someone posted a link to a Civfanatic announcement about it. There's supposed to be a list of new features available tomorrow.

BTW Gramphos, I guess I'll wait and see what will be available on Friday regarding that reset problem I'm having. It might be worthwhile to start over then, I might have a few new things to play around with.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
            1.17f will be out by Friday. Someone posted a link to a Civfanatic announcement about it. There's supposed to be a list of new features available tomorrow.

BTW Gramphos, I guess I'll wait and see what will be available on Friday regarding that reset problem I'm having. It might be worthwhile to start over then, I might have a few new things to play around with.
            Yes, I know, I just don't read the General forum more then once every third hour or something.

Comment

Working...
            X