I took over London, but it's a mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took over London, but it's a mess

Hi, newbie Civ3 player looking for help/advice.

I'm playing the Chinese, and I just took out London and assigned a governor. The citizens are unhappy, as 85% are saying give peace a chance. Does this mean I need to change my stance against England
    to get this city to be productive for me? Is there anything else I can
    do to get the citizens working?

To quell the resistance you need to fortified units in the newly taken city. This will eventually stop the natives resisting. However, they will still be more likely to be unhappy than your nationals (after the war ends) stating something like "We can't forget the misery you have brought upon our mother country". If London is near any other culturally strong English cities then it will probably revolt back to English rule sooner or later. This means you'll lose all your units stationed there. The best way to stop this is to blitz the surrounding cities to reduce their culture. I had a similar situation when taking a Babylonian neigbour's city. Eventually I just wiped half their cities out and rebuilt my own. Once I had weakened them so they were on their knees I got them to throw in 4 of their small cities to make peace. Another way of doing this is to keep attacking so that they have to draft troops thus reducing the city's population resulting in a smaller number of foreigners when you do take over. Better to do this than bombard as bombarding also destroys improvements as well as population.

Comment

a couple things...

a: if you exterminate the english, suddenly all those english nationals aren't quite so unhappy. after all, you're not at war with them any more

b: this is one reason i almost always raze cities... it's easier to evacuate captured workers and then fold them into existing cities than to keep a load of them happy right on the frontier.
      it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Moving pop. from a city?

how do i get a worker to leave the city so that i can get him to make stuff outside again?
        Cheers

Ssushi

Comment

Working...
        X