Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've got problems with my mod(someone help please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got problems with my mod(someone help please)

When I build a new unit/wonder/building in my mod it crashes. I've changed it's name, graphics, and a few attributes. I've been using The Civ3MultiTool and the Editor.

Hope you can help

Condorswarm
    "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
    "The bloody dog is dead"
    ------------------------------------------

Could you be more specific?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

You should be more specific, like how and when does it crash. There could be a number of reasons:

If you add a unit/improvement etc. after you've saved a game, you won't be able to load it back up again, you have to start a new game.

In your Art\Units folder, be sure there is a folder with the name of the unit there, and that the .ini file inside it is pointing to the proper graphics.

If it's a Wonder problem, you have to make sure that the splash graphic you've added is numbered correctly. The numbers represent the order they appear in the Bic file improvement list and if the wonder doesn't match the order, the game will crash when the popup appears. Earlier versions of CopyTool weren't numbering these properly, though he's since fixed that I believe.

If that doesn't cover it, just drop Gramhos a line. Maybe he'd a have a few more reasons.

Comment

Ok, I belive what you have said has sorted the problem. Thank you.
        I will try to be more specific in future.

Condorswarm

P.S Sorry for the delayed response: My PC went haywire.
        "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
        "The bloody dog is dead"
        ------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X