No announcement yet.

MOD: Feels like Civ 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I deleted every cultural opinion except one which I called "not interested in" with a ratio of 1:1 and 0% everywhere. To be honest, I haven't played a game right through, I simply assumed it would work.

As regards to negative culture cancelling out positive culture - that definitely works. It never shrinks (a shame really, that might've given another interesting angle to the game) but it will stop growing.
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
      As regards to negative culture cancelling out positive culture - that definitely works. It never shrinks (a shame really, that might've given another interesting angle to the game) but it will stop growing.
      Ah, but the problem is if one civ captures the city of another civ, all of the positive culture buildings are automatically destroyed, but the negative culture buildings are not. While a human player may know to delete the negative culture buildings in a conquered city in order to then begin building positive culture buildings in order to expand the city radius, the computer wont know this. Thus, the AI will build a positive culture building in conquered city (in order to expand the city radius to full productiveness), but the pre-existing negative culture buildings which were built by the civ who used to own the city will make sure that the radius of the city never really expands to the full 21 square city radius (in a city the AI has conqured).

I know what I said may sound a little confusing, but if you read it carefully, i think u'll see what i am talking about. If you have a way around this problem, please let me know!

Comment

The area in which I felt civ iii was really lacking was in air units. But Ive already gonr about fixing this. Good idea though. When I get some time I'll take a look at it
        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Hey Rusty, the ZoC in the editor just means that units will fire and take off a hp of a passing unit not stop the unit all together.
          Overworked and underpaid C/LTJG in the NJROTC
          If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?
          If fail to plan, then you plan to fail

Comment

Originally posted by trevor
            Hey Rusty, the ZoC in the editor just means that units will fire and take off a hp of a passing unit not stop the unit all together.
            Ah well, never mine. It was a nice try. We'll keep it in just to be different.

The PTW expansion will allow us to switch off culture flipping so we can wait for that since it's only a couple of months away. Hopefully we'll also be able to give a civ the 21 squares automatically if we want.
            Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
            Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

AFAIK, the AI will not use unit 'worker actions' unless the unit is actually called 'worker'. That's what I thought I heard Soren say once, at least...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                AFAIK, the AI will not use unit 'worker actions' unless the unit is actually called 'worker'. That's what I thought I heard Soren say once, at least...
                I hadn't heard that, but I found it to be true. At least, they have to have the "terraform" box checked in AI strategies.

if you have both "settle" and "terraform" checked in AI strategies, they'll sit around not knowing what to do in some cases. I played one game in which ALL the AI settlers just stood there and refused to found the starting cities!

Rusty - In playing a kind of ICS game, where all you build is barracks, do you still get no city defections? in my civ1 mod, i still get the odd defection if I surround a city.
                Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Ahhhh, I forgot about that flag. But yes, that's right. In Civ 3 they have to be either settlers or workers... not both, sorry.

Comment

I like civ3's workers. That is a big improvement from civ2.
                    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Working...
                    X