Doubling Recycling - is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubling Recycling - is it possible?

If I make a duplicate of the Recycling Center and change the name and graphics etc, will it add to reducing shield-based pollution in addition to the standard RC?

Along the same lines, can I create a duplicate of say Coal Plant, and if built after Factory and Coal Plant, will it give an extra 50% boost of shields?

It's a shame it's so difficult to playtest these things, isn't it... so I'm hoping someone tried already and found out.
    MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Re: Doubling Recycling - is it possible?

Originally posted by MonsterMan
    If I make a duplicate of the Recycling Center and change the name and graphics etc, will it add to reducing shield-based pollution in addition to the standard RC?
    I'm not sure about this one. Probably yes, as you can further reduce corruption by duplicating courthouses.

Along the same lines, can I create a duplicate of say Coal Plant, and if built after Factory and Coal Plant, will it give an extra 50% boost of shields?
    Definitely yes. It is available with Robotics and called manufacturing plant.
    "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Well I haven't tried the pollution thing yet, though I've added a Sewer System, but so far all the effects that are shown in the editor are cumulative, with just a couple of exceptions. So yes it will probably work. I know the Coal Plant copy will work. The editor works the production increases by a percentage i.e. 1 is 25%, 2 is 50% etc. So any time you add a new one it will calculate a percentage of the total shields that exist at that time and add that number to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
        So any time you add a new one it will calculate a percentage of the total shields that exist at that time and add that number to it.
        AFAIK, you have to add up all bonuses first (e.g. factory, hydro plant and manufacturing plant = +150%) and apply this multiplier to the base number of shields (shields from worked tiles and the city tile). IOW, there's no compound interest on shields.
        "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by lockstep

AFAIK, you have to add up all bonuses first (e.g. factory, hydro plant and manufacturing plant = +150%) and apply this multiplier to the base number of shields (shields from worked tiles and the city tile). IOW, there's no compound interest on shields.
          Well you could be right, I'm not positive how they calculate it. But either way an extra Coal Plant will still increase production.

Comment

Great, thanks everyone =)
            MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Working...
            X