GRAPHIC: Mizaq's Biohazard Pollution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAPHIC: Mizaq's Biohazard Pollution

Hi, someone asked about a modified pollution pcx for the color blind, so i made one with a gaphic overlay (biohazard symbol).
    Attached is the new pcx. I dunno if this is easy for a colorblind person to see, but if they can't see the red they can edit the pallette of the pcx using paint shop pro to change red to another color. i could do it even, just let me know what color I should change it to. (a color in rgb terms like 255,0,255 [which is purple background] would make it a snap).

attached at the bottom is a zip with the pcx file in it. place the file in your art/terrain directory (back up original).

Attached Files

I can't open the zip file. It says it isn't a valid archive. You could change the file extension of the pcx to, say, .doc and upload it, and we'll save target as =)
    MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

ok attached is the pcx but in doc format. change the file name to pollution.pcx and you'll be ok :P

edit, dammit that's frustrating now my zips arent uploading right either (i couldnt open it after downloading it).
      Attached Files

Comment

excellent! from the jpg i was afraid the red would blend in too much against green forests, but between the sheer size and the blue in the inner ring, it stands out great!

though you could get rid of the green stuff completely, since now all it does is block info about the squre (making it harder to see roads and railroads, etc) that can affect how you prioritize cleanup.

but that's minor... great job
        it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

ok sure, i'll make one w/o the pollution clouds.

i didn't add a blue ring to the center, but from testing the new pollutions in the editor, it looks like a blue ring shows up in the center sometimes. if you want, i could go through and physically add a blue ring to every symbol.

Comment

ok here is one without the clouds. if you want i can further edit it so the center circle has a particular color in it. if you want a color though, you gotta let me know what it would look like to me.

attached after the pic is a pollution.doc. save the file as pollution.pcx and place it in your ../art/terrain/ directory.

Attached Files

Comment

that one's just about perfect

i expect the blue comes from the red being blended with the transparent background color.
              it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

bump, could the moderator please move this to the files section? or is it not worth (we're not worthy!)

Comment

Originally posted by Mizaq
                  bump, could the moderator please move this to the files section? or is it not worth (we're not worthy!)
                  Moved
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterMan
                    I can't open the zip file. It says it isn't a valid archive. You could change the file extension of the pcx to, say, .doc and upload it, and we'll save target as =)
                    I guess I know why you can't open the file. I couldn't also...

Do you use any download accelarator (GetRight or Gozilla)?
                    Well, I use GetRight, and only when I press Ctrl+Alt to force it to download this file, it will work.
                    GetRight will ask me to save a .php page, I say yes, and then it suddenly starts downloading a file named "mizaq pollution.zip" which is the correct one. Otherwise it would just download a fake file named "attachment.zip".

This happended to me several times, so I think the problem is with this forum... :-(

Forum administrator, please try this for yourself.

Comment

And a image with terrain in the background.
                      Attached Files
                      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                      X