Space ship bug?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space ship bug?????

I have a problem with the spaceship-i have 2 cities building the last 2 pieces. 1 is building the skin and the other is building the play deck. It goes to the ship screen and says the skin is complete, and the play deck will be complete in 1 turn. I click the X to get out of the screen, and the city that is building the play deck automatically switches to building the bomber. If I click on the view ship progress, the button changes color and nothing else happens. How do I get back to the ship screen to press the launch button? Is this a bug? Has his happened to anyone else?
    KATN

The only time the button "view spaceship progress" did not work for me was after I had reloaded a saved game in which I already had launched the space ship.
    Have you tried the function key ? (think it is F9)
    Normally what you describe should only happen if another civ finished the spaceship before you. But then you should have gotten the message that you lost.
    Can't help you more than that I am afraid.

Comment

It happened to me once in a game I had lost the UN vote earlier on and reloaded after that.

Some other similar reports suggest that this is a bug happening if you reload an already lost or won game.

And you can't do anything about it in your current game. You should start a new one.

Comment

spaceship bug

I have had this happen twice. Different difficulty levels, different races etc. The only commonality is that I had already achieved a cultural victory. May be that the game locks you out of all other victories.
        KATN

Comment

I think lorddread is completely right: You can only win (or loose) once. And that seems perfectly logical to me, so I would not consider it a bug.
          If you want to try other types of victory, re-load the game from before you won (or lost), and try out another victory. I actually did that with one of my tiny map games and was able to get all victories except the Cultural Victory.
          The effect that I mentioned in this post before, actually happened when I inadvertently had restarted from a game where I had already had a victory.

Comment

To me it happened after reloading. That meens i didn't really win yet. Well, I did, but that would have been the next turn and therefore in the future and as I reloaded and did something else it didn't happen and I didn't win.... umm. Yes.

Anyway. If you continue after you have won then it is justified that you cannot win again with another type of victory.
            But I didn't win. So I still think it's a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Hawks
              To me it happened after reloading. That meens i didn't really win yet.
              Just trying to get this straight, Todd. You reloaded a saved game where you had not won [U]or lost[\U] yet, tried to go for the space ship and got this error ?
              In that case, I am baffled and would consider this a very strange bug (how can the software know that in another game "line" you actually won this saved game. I can think of some ways but it seems far-fetched. The more because I reloaded games where I had not won or lost YET and was able to get another type of victory than the first time. Including the spaceship victory.)

Comment

Umm, yes. I think you understood what I meant.

Example: In 1820 in get a diplomatic victory (actually I lost but that doesn't matter here).

I reload the autosave so it is 1818 again (the turn before). I don't hold the UN vote in 1820 (I built the UN so I can decide) and continue to play until I build the space ship. Then I can't launch the ship like described by lorddread.

It IS strange. I think that maybe some "trace" (e.g. a value for a variable) is left in the memory which then is saved together with the save game.

Comment

Incredible! a bug in CIV III!!!!!!!!
                  Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                  religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Working...
                  X