Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question - what does "blitz" mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question - what does "blitz" mean?

Playing with the editor... just wondering what the "blitz" property does for units?
    Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

It's German for "Lightning."

A unit with the Blitz ability may attack more than once in a turn if they have sufficient movement points. Someone said it will only take effect if they actually have 3 movement points or more, 2 move units can't attack twice with Blitz on, for some reason. Or maybe they fixed that.

Comment

As far as I can tell, "Blitz" simply removes the "one attack per turn" check.

Attacking and losing (and retreating) costs 1 movement point, I think.
      Attacking and winning, where I move into the enemy's square (i.e., if there was only one unit there) costs 1 movement point.
      Attacking and winning but having to retreat because he had multiple units there costs 2.

So, it IS possible to get large numbers of attacks in with mobile units, but more often than not it only adds one attack at best. It's rare than a 2-move unit would get any benefit (since they'd have to start next to an enemy, attack, move into the enemy's square, and then get into position to attack again) but it can happen. Defending a railroad network, for example.

I've been thinking of giving Battleships Blitz. They become REALLY scary then.

Comment

Working...
      X