Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What building effects are cumulative?

A research project for modders:

We know that you can have several different buildings which increase tax income, science, luxuries and production in the same city, as well as several ones that decrease corruption.

We also know that you can have several "Forbidden Palaces" in your empire, each of them decreasing corruption in nearby cities.

But, what benefits of buildings and small wonders can work this way? Can you have several versions of Harbors to gain even more food from the ocean? Can you have several Universal Suffrage wonders to put war weariness close to zero?
    The difference between industrial society and information society:
    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Well, it seems like the food effect of harbors and the shield effect of platforms is cumulative, at least...

Comment

Re: What building effects are cumulative?

Originally posted by Optimizer
      A research project for modders:

We know that you can have several different buildings which increase tax income, science, luxuries and production in the same city, as well as several ones that decrease corruption.

We also know that you can have several "Forbidden Palaces" in your empire, each of them decreasing corruption in nearby cities.

But, what benefits of buildings and small wonders can work this way? Can you have several versions of Harbors to gain even more food from the ocean? Can you have several Universal Suffrage wonders to put war weariness close to zero?
      Yes on the harbours. I have 3 that each add food, including the Harbour itself. As for the War Weariness, you can never get it to 0, since it has a time factor. The longer you're at war, the more the effects are felt. But you would be able to delay it a long, long time if you wanted to. As far as I can tell, pretty much all of the abilities that you can add to a building are cumulative.

Comment

What about Barracks and Granaries, then? I guess double Barracks won't produce Elite units - what would triple Barracks produce then? Great Leaders?

Comment

Originally posted by Optimizer
          What about Barracks and Granaries, then? I guess double Barracks won't produce Elite units - what would triple Barracks produce then? Great Leaders?
          No, if you look at the editor, it says "Creates Veteran Ground Units" or some such thing. So that's the best you can do. I've wondered about the Granary myself, but I've never tried it.

Comment

+50% tax cumulative (but it's applyed after science/lux deduction). Just checked. I'm going to check +50% research now...
            Check my SF mod

Aliens Legacy

Comment

Working...
            X