How do you change Civ colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you change Civ colors

First time modifying so please forgive if this question sounds silly.

I load up Civ3mod.bic (making sure to back it up somewhere first) and go through and change 2 things.

1-The Color of each Civ (making sure that no colors are the same for any two Civs), and

2-some of the Names to be more authentic (ie Roma instead of Rome).
    Whenever I seem to load up the game, It then results in a crash at some point in the first turn. I understand about renaming units.ini to correspond with the unit name that you changed, but I can't seem to find any corresponding change to the color or city.

So, my question is, what else do I have to do to change the Civ colors and City names?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Don't know if this will help but I read somewhere that you'll get a crash if you use other colors than the ones already used by the game, i.e. you can change e.g. the Germans to yellow but not to black as black is not used by any civ at the moment.

Comment

The problem is in Art\units\Palettes directory

the opt files end at 16, when the other end at 31. I don't know what the opt files are for, but they are most likely the reason for crashes if you use colors after the 16 first.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

A couple of mods have already tackled the placename issue. Do a search in the Files or Creation forum for "city names" and you'll likely turn them up. They are quite comprehensive, so save yourself some time and borrow from the work already done.

Gramphos is correct about civ colors. Only the first 16 listed in the editor can be used.

It just so happens that I have modified my civ3mod.bic file to alter these two elements, and only these two. If you are interested I can send it to you. If there's more widespread interest, I can post it.

Comment

Working...
        X