request for modmakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• request for modmakers

I post this because I think it likely that there are other people in the same boat as myself. I feel comfortable working with the editor that came with the game, and downloading simple files (terrain, etc.) and putting them in. But using things like the Civ3copy tool is just a wee bit beyond me. And yet, without the C3CT, you can't add units, techs, etc.

Hence my request: If somebody could post a .bic file with several units/techs/resources/whatever already copied, the technologically feeble amongst us could then take it from there. As I understand it, all that would mean would be changing the icon art, the name, stats, (maybe the civilopedia) all of which are done in the Civ3 editor.

Thanks from all of those of us who benefit from your labors...

the lwc mod (plutarck's) has several added buildings/units you should check that out.

don't forgot it wouldn't just be as easy as using someone else's mod to play with. you could use their mod and just tweak unit strengths, BUT if you wanted to rename the units you would need to edit the civilopedia.txt file and create new art directories for the renamed unit.

you're right though, i would also be grateful if someone who was experienced with the civ3copytool could create a bic with about 2 dozen new units, several new governments, couple dozen new buildings, dozen new wonders and small wonders, and include directions with how to properly install the new art for those units and where to make the .txt changes at. most of this can be found in the creating new units faq at http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=33937

you'll actually need to read it, but by the time you are done you should be able to make new units yourself. making them yourself is a better solution anyways, especially since you will have to go through and change/add a lot of txt items based on the new stuff you are using.
    Last edited by Mizaq; February 4, 2002, 03:50.

Comment

Re: request for modmakers

Originally posted by Furtigan
      I And yet, without the C3CT, you can't add units, techs, etc.
      Wrong. You can use hacked editor, available from this forum or civfanatics.com. It's easier to use then C3CT. If you want mod with added units/buildings/tech you can also use my mod (in my signature). use patch v0.02 if you don't want unit's animation.
      Check my SF mod

Aliens Legacy

Comment

Working...
      X