CD Check Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Check Error

Prior to the most recent patch I had no problems whatsoever with Civ3. However, after patching I found that I was no longer able to enter the game at all, since the game kept insisting I did not have the CD-ROM in the drife, which I did. I had been playing a game witht hat CD the very same day I updated, so I know there's nothing wrog with the CD. I have already e-mailed infogrames to get their SafeDisk help, but as of yet I haven't received a response... and i really want to play!!!!!

Anyone know how I might fix this? I'm thinking it might be b/c I have my CD-ROM as drive M: while I have my CD-RW drive as D:, but if this is the problem, why does it only not work AFTER the patch? I can still access the CD from my CD drive, but if I try to play it I can't.

This is a known issue. Apparently the copy protection is picky with certain cdrws. Goto the Civ3 website, there is a tech section and you can write them, and after you prove you own the game, they send you a fixed exe to play the game without the cd til they have a permanent fix.

Comment

I had a similar problem when I first got the game. I'd get the error message every time I started up, but when I clicked on the OK button, the game proceded to load.

The problem has disappeared, though, perhaps because I removed the CD and cleaned it, or because it was not seated properly. Who knows?

Comment

Working...
      X