Another "Help with Editor" Query...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "Help with Editor" Query...

I'm new to Civ III and I need some help before I start editing my game. I've got the game straight from the box atm on my computer, so I can't have done anything to it so far. Right, well, I've d/l the Civ3CopyTool and don't know exactly how to use it. Do I just load my .bic, copy something and save? Or is there anything else that needs to be done? And how many Civs can there be in total? Is it 31 plus the Barbarians as the 32nd? And if it is, can I just choose the Romans and copy them 15 times, then edit it all? I did try it once, and I got an error upon selecting the .bic file, which exited me to my desktop.

I know which information I do want to put in, I just don't know what editing needs to be done to successfully implement the changes. Game mechanics can stay the same for now. And what about adding new Civ specific units for the new Civs? Does this list need to be changed or will it be automatically updated? Quite a few things I know, but it would be really helpful as I enjoy the game and have always been an editing sorta guy (especially in CivII)...

Thanx in advance

Why don't you just go over to the Civ3CopyTool thread and ask Gramphos yourself? He's very helpful and would be more than happy to answer your questions. And he'd certainly be the one who could help you out the most, seeing as how he's the author. While you're at it, you can check out a thread in Creation by Plutarch, something about a tutorial. He explains what's involved in there.

Comment

Working...
    X