Windows XP problem with MODs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP problem with MODs?

So I spent a long time on my first MOD, made it beautiful, loaded it from the scenario screen and everything looks fine. I am a German settler and I'm founding Berlin - but it never gets that far! I press "B" for build and the game freezes...then I get an error report from my op system.

Is this a problem with XP? Is there a way for me to fix it?

Please help.

Re: Windows XP problem with MODs?

Originally posted by KLIN-TONN
    So I spent a long time on my first MOD, made it beautiful, loaded it from the scenario screen and everything looks fine. I am a German settler and I'm founding Berlin - but it never gets that far! I press "B" for build and the game freezes...then I get an error report from my op system.

Is this a problem with XP? Is there a way for me to fix it?

Please help.
    Maybe it's something that you've changed that takes effect right when you build your first city. It's a rather temperamental game when it comes to modding, especially compared to Civ II, and some things it doesn't like having them messed with. Just check your changes and see if there's anything that might come into gameplay at the moment you build your first city. I've been at mine for over a month now, and there have been a lot of bugs to iron out along the way, and some things I've learned not to touch.

Comment

I don't see how that could be the problem, but I'll check it. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by KLIN-TONN
        I don't see how that could be the problem, but I'll check it. Thanks for your help.
        Believe me, if you re modding anything can happen. I've spent over a month now working on mine, and I'm just getting past the point where things don't crash on me all the time. Like I said, the game can be very temperamental.

Comment

Working...
        X