Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating an Apolyton CIV3MOD.BIC file

Hi all,

Has anyone given some thought to creating a CIV3 BIC file with a few Apolyton extensions? The mod file would not be drastic, but would have a few new units and buildings, and a few changes to the game rules.

The Apolyton mod would make some bridging techs useful, for example. (Bridging techs are those that don't give anything new)

The ideas I have so far:
    • Tax Collectors - The Currency advance is required before tax collectors can be created
    • Scientists - Philosophy or Scientific Method is required before Scientists can be created
    • Horse Resource - Should give +1 Production and +1 Trade
    • Game Resource - Should be available in Jungles as well
    • New unit: (name to be decided) Required advance: Military Tradition. Hand-to-hand unit that replaces Swordsmen at the end of the Middle Ages. I was thinking of bayonets here, but that's probably the wrong time period for them.
    • New unit: Sniper. 6-8 attack, 1 defence. Replaces Longbowmen somewhere in the Industrial Age. Requires Saltpeter.
    • Small wonder: Oil refinery. Required Advance: Refining. Allows a city with oil in its radius to increase production. Works like Iron Works, but creates a bit more pollution and increases production a bit less.
    • New improvement that reduces corruption that becomes available in the Industrial Age - any ideas? Can corruption be reduced twice by 2 improvements?
    None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Can the game recognise new resources properly if they are created? I was thinking of adding a new resource:

Stone (bonus resource)
    Available in deserts, plains, hills, mountains
    +1 production, maybe +1 trade as well

Because so much stuff is already available in hills, perhaps we make horses no longer available on hills.
    None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Working...
    X