Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Screen upon Loading?

Hello there,

I just picked up Civ3 yesterday, and the installation and everything went fine, but when I tried to play the game, it would load and show that little intro movie, and the (I assume) Main Screen Music plays, but my screen goes black and I can't do anything from then on in. I've tried closing all programs before I run Civ3, and I've patched it as well, but nothing seems to work. If anyone has any insights, I'd appreciate them much. My System spec's are:

I'm running XP Pro
    800mhz Duron
    Geforce 2 MX
    Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer
    DirectX 8.1

Thanks!

-Funk

have you tried updating your video drivers?
    it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Yup, I just did, still nothing. It's really weird, because I know that the program is working just fine otherwise, I can hear me effecting the menu (noises play when selecting something).

If anyone has any ideas, I'd like to hear them.

Funk

Comment

Re: Black Screen upon Loading?

Originally posted by Funk
        Hello there,

I just picked up Civ3 yesterday, and the installation and everything went fine, but when I tried to play the game, it would load and show that little intro movie, and the (I assume) Main Screen Music plays, but my screen goes black and I can't do anything from then on in. I've tried closing all programs before I run Civ3, and I've patched it as well, but nothing seems to work. If anyone has any insights, I'd appreciate them much. My System spec's are:

I'm running XP Pro
        800mhz Duron
        Geforce 2 MX
        Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer
        DirectX 8.1

Thanks!

-Funk
        Apparently you're not the only one having this problem. Check out this thread:

Comment

turn off the start up movie. when you start the game hold down and tick . This should work

Comment

Working...
          X