Loading Civ3 2nd time crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading Civ3 2nd time crash

I can load and play Civ3 normally, but once I exit the program, I can't run a new Civ3 process- it will crash just before the "inforgrames" logo would come up. It happens every time, and the onyl fix is to restart the computer then I can run a new instance of Civ3... Why does this happen???

Are you using a mod of any kind? I have heard of similar happenings with mods.
    I came, I saw, I got whooped....

Comment

I am using a mod now, but I have noticed this problem right after installing a fresh copy of the game. its not a big deal, just a nuisance i was hoping someone knew how to fix

Comment

Ok, it's not just Civ3. Europa Universalis also does the same thing. I can load it up fine first time, but then it crashes if I exit and try to run it again- during the intro ANY ideas what what be going on here? this is getting frustrating since theres no error message or hint of whats going on... i am on win2k with recently upgraded hardware. No other problems with my system

Comment

have you tried nocd fix?

please check out my thread regarding the splash crash. I managed to get rid of it by exchanging default .exe w/the nocd .exe available on the net. This fixed my splash crash for some reason

Comment

Working...
          X