No Military Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Military Academy

For two games now I have gotten military tradition and built more than five barracks, but no military academy becomes available to build. How do I get this?

Don't you need a victoriois army for that?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

The Military Academy, as stated in the game, can only be built after you have a discovered Military Tradition AND have a victorious Army.

What you have to do is gain a leader via a victory by an Elite unit (I don't know what the percentage chance is to produce a leader, it varies), use the leader to create an Army, then go out and kick butt.

A victorious Army also allows The Heroic Epic, a small wonder that increases the odds of leaders appearing.

Have three Armies in the field and you can build The Pentagon, which allows you to load four units into an Army rather than just three.

And no, you cannot unload a unit from an Army.

Sorry for an overkill post. I've seen a lot of Army-related questions and thought I'd cover all of the ones I could think of.

Comment

Thanks for the great response. As it turns out, I do have a leader in my current game, but I was saving him to complete a wonder. Scratch that, I'm going to use him to make an army instead. I've been playing a military game the whole way, why change now?

Comment

How did you guys get a leader? I have yet to get a leader from my elite units, eventhough I used them a lot. Are the odds better at higher difficulty level in the game.

Comment

A militaristic civ has a better chance at unit promotion, so you would have a better chance to get elite units with a civ like the Germans. The more elite unit wins, the better the chance to produce a leader.

I've had leaders appear when I've played as Germans, Americans, Romans, and French. I haven't played a lot, and I usually play the easiest level.

Comment

Originally posted by Almanzor
              How did you guys get a leader? I have yet to get a leader from my elite units, eventhough I used them a lot. Are the odds better at higher difficulty level in the game.
              The numbers I've been coming up with from reading several posts are a 1/16 chance of getting a leader in a battle, 1/12 for a Militaristic civ or Heroic Epic. I don't know if that's accurate though, they only come from a few posts I've read. So it's quite possible you're just having lousy luck. At any rate, they're not the easiest thing to get in the game. The most I've heard of someone getting is 7 leaders in total by playing a war mongering style with a Militaristic civ. And keep in mind that fighting Barbarians doesn't count, it has be a battle against another civ.

Comment

Working...
              X