Help on game replay needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on game replay needed

For some reason my game replay feature doesn't work. When I win a game I get the reply screen, hit play, and nothing happens. The reply just sits on 4000 BC. When I hit play the button turns blue, but nothing happens. Does it take a long time to start if you have a lot of cities, or what? I waited several minutes for something to happen but nada.

It loads the full replay before it starts to show anything. On a large map late in game that procedure can take looooooooooong time.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Yeah, it just takes a long time, keep waiting. If it's a big map and you've got a slow(er) processer it can take a long time. Just go away and do something, if it's already playing (or done) when you come back, just hit rewind and it will start over from the beginning.

It's a shame we can't save replays... you can only watch them that one time you finish your game.

Comment

yes, it is a bit fuc*ed up... thing is, last time I played and the reply wouldn't work, I messed a bit about the buttons... suddenly all city locations from the last game yer were shown on the 4000BC map, without any civ colors... that sucked

Comment

I always leave it for a minute before I press any buttons in the replay screen because otherwise my computer starts generating some sort of error report and then Civ 3 crashes and I lose my score.

Comment

Try having your pixels on a lower setting.
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Well they are 800x600 on my desktop but they resize to something higher when the game launches.

Comment

try disabling the show event location button checkbox (or whatever it is) before you hit play. i find this makes the playback would a lot better.... it's still very slow though.
                it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Working...
                X