trading resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trading resources

I have roads linking resources to the towns built by them, and the twons are connected by road to the capital. But I can't trade resources. The comp has built towns over those roads. Is this the reason why I can't trade the resources?
    John
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

You can only trade resources with an AI if your capitals are connected by road or harbor or airport (and there is some surplus of resources of course) .
    The route must not go through enemy territory.

So either your capitals aren't connected or there is some enemy between you and your potential trading partner.

Comment

And with harbors, if you need to cross ocean/sea to get to his harbor, you need the required seafaring techs before the harbors can trade. Also, you don't have to build a harbor, you can use any harbor on your continent as long as you aren't at war with the civ that built that harbor.

Comment

Working...
      X