future technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• future technology

what does future technology give me????? it goes on forever too, when will it stop???

Also whenever I download something from this site it gives me a file named ATTACHMENT.........How do I open these???

It doesn't really give you anything AFAIK and it goes on forever so your scientists have something to do

You can open/use these "attachment" files by renaming them to their real name (which normally is the one you click on to download them).
    Last edited by Todd Hawks; January 19, 2002, 02:21.

Comment

I think that each future tech gives a bonus to your final Civ Score. (Not sure exactly how much though.)

Comment

Are you sure? It was that way in Civ2 but if you look at the score calculations in the history graph window there is no reference to future technology.

Comment

read it in the instruction manual pg 96, but i've never confirmed this in an actual game.

Comment

after about five future techs, i think i earned 0.1 points. but i'm 85 turns past when it stopped scoring me.
            it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Re: future technology

Originally posted by kmann281
              what does future technology give me????? it goes on forever too, when will it stop???

More points as far as I understand it. The more the better.

Also whenever I download something from this site it gives me a file named ATTACHMENT.........How do I open these???
              Rename it to "attachement.zip" You should then be able to unzip it
              Go BIG or go home.

Comment

Future tech adds points to your score if you're still being scored. Other than that it's useless. If you don't care about your score, set your science research level to 0 and make your citizens happy!

Comment

So how much does it add to your score. I now have 0.9 added to my score after having discovered 7 future techs??? This is with 1.17 patch, which was supposed to change something with regards to future tech?

Any suggestions/real help/Anybody knows?

Comment

In one MOD I discovered 117 future techs.
                    Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                    religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Working...
                    X