Civ3 hangs on my system, w/TNT2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3 hangs on my system, w/TNT2

Hey. I just upgraded my system to have an nVidia TNT2 card in as my graphics card. However, whenever I play Civ3, it'll play fine for about a half hour, then the whole system kerplunks.

I've got 128MB RAM and an Athlon 650MHz processor if that helps.
    Contrary to what many believe. MOO3 does NOT suck. If you think it does, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

I have doubts its a video issue, since if it was the game wouldn't startup at all.

Butttt, make sure you are using the latest driver from nvidia.com, you don't have any other software running in the background (ie virus checkers, distributed computing clients, system utilities), and try playing off of a clean reboot.

Does it happen right at half an hour? Or abouts that? Does the system hard lock or the game just crash? Is your system well cooled? Have you played other games since your upgrade? Do trees have feelings? Did you make sure and get rid of your old video drivers?

Comment

I checked that. I have Detonator XP drivers, and my old ATI ones are uninstalled. It's not /always/ at half an hour, but usually within two or three minutes. It hard locks my system. The system seems well-cooled enough, the temperature being right for the card.

Thanks for the help,

~Ed
      Contrary to what many believe. MOO3 does NOT suck. If you think it does, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

Comment

Working...
      X