Trigger shy cavalry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger shy cavalry

My cavalry's sound file seems corrupted.... they just grunt when attacking instead of firing their gun. Was fine pre-patch, then one game, half way through, i discovered riflemen. When the riflemen walk, they fire their guns, and the cavalry stopped firing their's when they attack.

Then i started a new game, riflemen are back to normal, but still no gun fire from cavalry. No biggie, just bugging me. Anyone have the same problem? I went into windoze explorer and played the actual wav file, and it works fine. Seems like the game just won't play the file for some reason. Weird.

At least once a game i experience the cavalry losing the gunfire and just grunting in combat. Most of the time restarting the game fixes this. Sometimes it has required a system restart.

Comment

I'd just like to add a "me too" with regard to sound weirdness. I once had a unit (I cant remember the details, sadly) that made its "attack" sound everytime it moved. It carried on doing this for a few turns, then stopped and reverted back to normal.

Something for the next patch, "fix sound weirdness". Is the loudness of navel units related? They sometimes seem awfully loud compared to other units, like I'll move my battleship 4/5 (depending on wether or not I have Magellens Journey) spaces and then useually on the 6th movement the sound will be really loud.

Ah well...

Comment

Working...
      X