Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TERRAIN: Simple Terrain mod

Hi all,

If you enjoy the visual beauty of Civ3, this patch is not for you -- please don't flame me!

So the history behind this patch is that I don't care much for good looks -- I'd rather have graphics that help me play the game better. Simple graphics that leave no doubt as to what terrain type you are on, where the land really ends and the water begins, where the roads are going, easy to spot resources, etc.

Also, this patch was designed by me, for me, so maybe what I think makes the game easier for me might not make the game easier for you. And I don't plan on updating this patch, so don't bother asking! I just thought since I went to all the trouble of creating, it wouldn't take much more effort to post it here, you never know what other people out there share my opinions...
    Attached Files
    ~Mengo

Heres a snippet of what it looks like. Since practically all the terrain was changed, I couldn't take a shot that showed all the features, but you get the idea from this.
    Attached Files
    ~Mengo

Comment

Boy, do I love it.

Heck yes.

Comment

Nice approach. It brings back fond memories of my old Amiga games.

Comment

I happen to enjoy the 'visual beauty' of the game (since sn00py and others modded it), so I won't be downloading/using this. But I did feel the need to comment on what a good job you've done.
          "Five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what has it produced? The Cuckoo Clock... goodbye Harold"

Comment

Retarded question. What is a RAR file? How do I use this?

Thanks.
            I hate oral!!

Comment

Cool! Would have loved this when I was learning the game. I'm going to download it to use on those late nights when I don't want to risk waking the wife getting my glasses off the headboard.

RAR is for a compression program that very few people still use. Look it up at download.com It is called WinRAR. (I still use it for compressing stuff across multiple folders. WinZip does a lousy job, and a glance at WinRAR should tell the WinZip programmers how they *should* have done the interface.)

Comment

Originally posted by Miznia
                Retarded question. What is a RAR file? How do I use this?

Thanks.
                CNET Download provides free downloads for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices across all categories of software and apps, including security, utilities, games, video and browsers

search for winrar
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Interesting approach...I won't be using it, but it definitely is clear what tiles are what...

Comment

.rar

.rar was an format like zip for pressed and unpressed dates
                    easy to find unnzip programs in the net

i know i am late
                    thanks to all soldiers in all the wars that they have given me the freedom to speak and write,like the germans,english,austrians and russians in the napoleonics wars,like the france,english,american and russians in ww2
                    and thanks for all the losers for losing.
                    soldiers dont make mistakes ,political does

Comment

This is... very... strange...

Comment

I can see how it's useful. I generally like the feel that Sn00py's graphics give me though.

Comment

This would have been hard to do mengo, good work!
                          be free

Comment

I'm imagining Civ3 to look like Civ1, now that would be a cool mod to make!
                            be free

Comment

cool mod

I like the simplicity

Comment

Working...
                              X