Auotmatically razing cities???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auotmatically razing cities???

I played Civ 3 unpatched and I had the option of installing a governor in every city I conquered. I instal the 1.16f patch and suddenly I only SOMETIMES get the option. About half the time I get a pop-up box saying we've destroyed so-and-so city even though I did not select destroy and would have much rather taken it over. What the heck's going on here????

New feature.

If city has no accumulated culture (historical), the city is automatically disbanded. So if AI builds new city, and has not build any improvements at all, you will sack it if you attack it. If it built a temple, but then sold it, and you attack, it will ask you if you want tosack it because there is accumulated old culture from the temple.

Comment

Makes sense I guess, but damn do I hate having to make new settlers to get to a resource when i attacked a city specifically to take it over and get that iron, etc. Oh well, just a new twist to the game. Thanks.

Comment

The reason for this was people were following a settler and attacking the city once it was built as a quick way to get new cities so Sid and co. fixed this.

Comment

Working...
        X