Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP

A friend has offered me a copy of XP for free to install on my computer. I currently have Windows ME, and Civ III, along with all my other games run just fine. Has anyone had any Issues due to XP?
    Gentlemen, start your engines.

The only issue I've had is using ClearType makes the fonts in the Advisors screen a little "funky" (mine are purplish). They're still readable, but they're not the way they should be.

Comment

I too had problems with civ3 after upgrading to XP. After a lot of reading the Read Me files in the civ 3 cd folder and the patch i found that by adding the lines

"Video Mode=1650"
      "Refresh=60"

in the civ3 configuration file i force my video card to refresh at 60 and not at the default setting.
      Hope this helps. and what ever you do. Dont do the same mistake i did....Back up the original before you change anything.

Comment

I had an issue with the fonts when I put the game on my XP machine. Not only were they purple, but the spacing was wrong so things like the diplomacy screen were completely hosed.

Go see this thread for the fix.

Note, just for giggles, I went and check the infogames support site to see if they mention this. When this fixed my computer, I emailed this fix back to the moron at infogames who thought that a scanner which I don't have was causing the problem.

So I know they know about it. But their support page looks just the same as it did a month ago. Apparently its too much trouble for them to put this on their support page.

Useless bunch of lazy, stupid @^$&%@^%$^%$*#%!#%$ 2#$!@#% $%!@% $^#*^%^&( &(^%&(^%$&(* @!%!# 3%$&^*#% @!% #^&%%^(*^%&( $%&#*&@$^ !@%$^^* @!%! friggin morons
        Fear not the path of truth for the lack of others walking it.

Comment

Working...
        X