MOD: "Speedy Gondolaz" - for faster gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOD: "Speedy Gondolaz" - for faster gameplay

Ok, this is my first ever mod, having only just started to play around with the editor. Suggestions are welcome.

The idea is simple - make for faster gameplay. For the busy gamer on the go who just wants time for a quicky game before heading back to work. Or something like that.

The modifications in Speedy Gondolaz have been designed to speed up the game so that it doesn't drag on for hours and hours, even on a huge map, yet you still get all the fun and depth of CIV III as before. The big change is the growth of cities - twice the speed as each citizen only eats ONE food. Tech rates are halved. Workers work twice as fast. Settlers have two movement points and are cheaper. Culture rates are doubled. Cities are content longer. Corruption is lower. Plus other tweaks.

Installation is simply to extract the contents of the attached file to the CIV III scenario folder. To run, you choose Load Scenario from the game screen and select Speedy Gondolaz.

By the way, I tried to change the name of the Settler unit but when I tried to play it, it cames up with Illegal Operation. Does anyone know why I can't change the name of the Settler unit?

Have fun, and tell me what might be wrong with it (gameplay balance?) or how it can be improved (go even faster?).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The Rusty Gamer; December 16, 2002, 00:32.
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Because you haven't created a folder in your Civilization III/Art/units folder named "x" where "x" is what you renamed Settler to. The rename command in the editor simply tells the game to look in a folder named "x"...if you don't supply the game with a folder named "x" with proper sounds and flics, it'll crash. Best way to do this is to copy the Settler folder, rename the new folder "x". Also, then open the folder and locate the file Settler.INI and rename it x.INI. Don't rename the other files, just the INI. That should work.

-Sev

Comment

PTW version uploaded (includes new civs)

Ok, I have now uploaded the PTW version of this mod so that you can play with any of the 24 civs. The zip file (on the first post of this thread) includes both the BIX and BIC versions.

Note that for the PTW version I have now also sped up the time scale (double) so you only get 220 turns instead of the standard 440! However, if that's too few, I'll change it, depending on feedback.
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

PTW fix

Updated the PTW version to fix the problem with units not being defined for the new civlizations. I hadn't realised that it wasn't automatic, a trap I'm sure others have fallen into.

Comment

Working...
        X