*No choosing *.sub if no subfolders are needed

Mods: Please move to "Files"

What is this?

Is the file bigger then 500K?

Can you post the readme?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

What gives? Is file attaching disabled? [Edit: Nope, my bad!]

Anyway I'll try again with the new, more friendly (although still not very friendly ) version

Edit: Removed after 1(! - only 1 hour ) d/load
      Last edited by heardie; January 13, 2002, 21:17.

Comment

Okay got it:
        Readme
        ---------------
        Civ 3 Mod Manager - Version 0.81
        -----------------------------------------
        NOTE: Discalmer: This program is still beta. I take no responsibility for any damange caused to Civ3. At worst you will need to reinstall, although theoretically the backup algorithm should backup all files that are changed.

How to use:
        I'll be brief.
        1. Load the program. Choose the directory where your Civ3 Exe is located (Usually Drive\Program Files\Infrogrames Interactive\Civilization III
        2. Choose the folder which has the files you want to install
        3. Load the *.cmd file
        4. Load the *.sub file if neccassary
        5. Enjoy!

FAQ
        -----------------
        1. What is a *.cmd file?
        A *.cmd file is a simple text file. No mods have them yet; maybe one day they all will. You can create your own.
        eg. if you only need to copy civ3mod.bic your *.cmd file would simply be

civ3mod.bic

Folders work as follows
        eg. if your mod changed resources.pcx

art/resources.pcx

2. What is a *.sub file?
        This is a simple text file that lists all sub-directories that need to be created. For example the above example would simply read

art

If your mod has no sub-folders then leave this blank.

3. How do I include multiple sub-folders?
        Yes, I am a bad programmer. You have to display them twice eg.
        art (to create art)
        art\units (to create the units sub-folder)

4. Who can I e-mail about this program?
        dheardie@hotmail.com

5. Can you write *.cmd files and *.sub files for my mod?
        Sure, contact me at the above address.

Finally, this mod has not been extensivly tested, and is not quite finished yet, but I am away till Thursday so I thought I'd display it now.

Enjoy

heardie

BTW: You need the VB6 run-time files to get this. I will include them at a later date. You can get them from www.microsoft.com (Search for VB6 run-time files)

Comment

One Problem: I don't think the program will work with new units. This is because it will try and backup the existing unit which of course doesn't exist. Will be fixed next version.

Also the source code is attached for anyone who wants to view it. It is used in VB6. Although I don't recommend trying to understand my poor coding.
          Attached Files

Comment

New Version 0.81.0001
            The issue with backup files now not existing is resolved. With two lines of code as well
            Attached Files

Comment

Example:

If your game changes civ3mod.bic and units_32.pcx then yourfile.cmd would look like this

civ3mod.bic
              art\units\units_32.pcx

and yourfile.sub

art
              art\units

Thats it. This should create a backup of both civ3mod.bic and units_32.pcx and replace them with your own (although you don't actually need to replace civ3mod.bic; you do with units_32.pcx)

Comment

C'mon no comments? With your input, I could be motivated into making this a proper Modswapper like the Civ2 one.

Comment

Could u make the program able to combine two mods into one? There are a lot of good mods, but I want to be able to combine them easily. Perhaps have the program combine them, and any things that are the same have it ask you which one you would like to use. Perhaps you could have it put all the info into a database program then combine two databases then put it back into the .bic file. Just a thought!
                  DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
                  EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
                  AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

As long as the mods use different files, it can already do that.

However, if youu are talking about merging 2 bics into 1 I don't have the knowledge on how to do that.

Comment

Working...
                    X