Killing a Civilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killing a Civilization

Is there a way (or am I missing it in the manual/game) of making sure a killed civilization does NOT restart in a new second location.

I LOVED that option in Civ II and wondered if I was just missing it in Civ III or if it really had been removed.

Bill

I think its removed

there are three civs destroyed in my game and any new civs didnt appeared

(sorry for my english)

Comment

I was afraid it had been removed. I hope they will maybe put it back in with a patch.

And your English is MUCH better than my Polish.

Thank you for your reply.

Bill

Comment

Rebirth through culture?

Okay, I've got a question regarding dead civs coming back:

Is it possible, or has anyone seen an instance of where a civilization that has been destroyed comes back through culture? For example:

I'm the Romans, and I take over all of the Russian cities. Their cities are extremely far from my capital, and still (even after the Russians are wiped from the earth) the cities are full of Russians. Is there any chance for it to revert and leave my civ?

I never worried about this before, but I was on my way to destroy the last Russian city (playing on huge world map, and they had their last city in Newfoundland), and one of their old cities deep in Europe reverted back! My capital is on the tip of southern Africa. It's been a fun game though, since I'm about 20 years out from retirement, and now own everything from Africa, to Europe, to 50% of Asia, and a few of the South Pacific Islands. I did the insane in 2008, and declared war on 3 fronts: Egypt, Germans, and Russians. Together they held Europe and most of Russia, while I only(!) had Africa. Fortunately, I brought in a few civs against each of them, making a nasty world war that suprisingly only took 30 years (each turn for me takes around 10 minutes, having that much land and cities and whatnot to cover).

So, I digress - if anyone's actually seen this, please let me know, I'm very interested if it's possible.

Thanks in advance!

-rflagg.

Comment

Does not seem to happend... I think it has been removed.
          Anyway I do not think that it was such a great thing - new civs use to appear in some weird places - I once had Tatars appearing on a polar island and completely backward, and so did not play any role.

Comment

In my current game I wiped out the Aztecs fairly early in my game (their civilization was too close for comfort, and clearly on soil which belonged to my Deutschland). A little while later I again found the Aztecs, Almost half way around the world!
            Gentlemen, start your engines.

Comment

Re the comment above about wiping out the Aztecs.

I believe that although all the Aztec cities were destroyed, there could well have been an Aztec settler still wandering around looking for a place to settle.

This would explain thier re-appearance somewhere else..

Comment

I haven't had a new civ spawn during games or have one re-appear yet.

Trust the messages for now: if a civ is wiped out by an AI then you'll be informed of this at the start of your turn via the messaging system.

If you invade the last city of a civ you'll get the usual message about conquring the city, amount of gold captured etc...and then if it's the last city and no settlers loose elsewhere you'll get a message stating you've wiped em out and be given the option to see the power graph thingy. At that stage if you control any of the conquered civ's cities you can relax on controlling it via starvation etc and allow it to expand since they don't appear to be prone to conversion any longer

Comment

Hi all,

For what it is worth, I actually noticed two times a civilization popping up again pretty far from the location where I had met and (thought that I) destroyed them, and this pretty early in the game. It seems VERY unlikely that a settler walked that far.
                  So my guess is that there is a certain period in the beginning of the game that you can not kill a civilization completely.
                  Please try it out for yourself by starting the game with producing nothing but offensive units and try to kill one of your neighbour civilizations early in the game (ancient times). Tell me whether you succeed or not.

Good luck

Kurre

Comment

probably simpler to just reveal the map at random times, and see if the ai has as many settlers as it would seem.
                    it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

I built my first city next to a choke point and immediately filled the chokepoint with warriors. I then proceeded to wipe out the english. The english civilization magically got a new city on the other side of my choke point. No way possible that could have happened without being programmed into the game. I ran into that in one of the first games I played and now I just make them all vassal states instead.
                      I came, I saw, I got whooped....

Comment

Working...
                      X