Resource questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resource questions...

1) Many oil reserves are in shallow waters. Is there a way to make a strategic resource available on a terrain that does not allow roads (i.e. coast)? Or is this a pipe dream...

2) I'd like to make whales a resource that disappears. As a food bonus, no disappearance rate is allowed. I changed it to strategic, set a value, and then returned it to the bonus food category. The value for disappearance remained, but was grayed out. Will the game still use that, or are the food resources inexhaustible?
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Re: Resource questions...

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
    1) Many oil reserves are in shallow waters. Is there a way to make a strategic resource available on a terrain that does not allow roads (i.e. coast)? Or is this a pipe dream...
    It's a pipe dream. Strategic resources MUST be connected by a road, and since you can't build a road on the ocean...

2) I'd like to make whales a resource that disappears. As a food bonus, no disappearance rate is allowed. I changed it to strategic, set a value, and then returned it to the bonus food category. The value for disappearance remained, but was grayed out. Will the game still use that, or are the food resources inexhaustible?
    Bonus resources have no control mechanism, they're just there as far as the game is concerned. And keep in mind that there seems to be a limit of 8 strategic/luxury resources, though I haven't put it to the test yet, so changing Whales will probably mean dumping something else.

Comment

What I feared. O well, thanks for the tips.
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

Working...
      X