Moving game to new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving game to new computer

I've got a new computer ordered that I should receive next week. If I start a new game this weekend on my old computer, can I simply copy the "saves" folder to a floppy and copy it into the Civ III folder on the new computer after I install the game on it to continue the game?

Also, the new computer will have Windows XP and an nvidia video card. I've seen some threads with people having problems with crashes. Is anybody using an nvidia card not having these problems? Thanks for your help....
    Always remember, and never forget.

You should be able to move just the sav files to your new pc. Keep in mind if you downloaded any new graphics files from these threads you will need to move those as well. Cant really help with NVidia question though. Sorry
    I came, I saw, I got whooped....

Comment

I got my new PC last week with Windows XP and a nVidia Geforce2Ti graphics card. I've had no problems whatsoever.

Comment

I two am getting a new computer next week with Nvidia and Xp. So I amy a bit worried about it, given the problems wwith XP and the hardware
        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Baldrick, that is the same card in my soon-to-arrive new computer, so that sets my mind at ease. Here is what I am upgrading from/to --

Old machine --
          eMachines 366mhz
          192mb memory
          32mb Hercules Prophet video

New machine --
          Dell 8200 1.7ghz
          256mb RDRAM memory
          64mb nVidia Ti 200 video

Think I'll get a little better performance?

Comment

Razorback, my old PC:

P2 @ 350 MHz, 128 Mb SDRAM
            Average wait while AI has it's moves in Modern age on map size standard and 8 civs = 4 mins

New PC:

Athlon 1600+ XP @ 1.4 GHz (although as fast as Intel's P4 2 GHz in SysMark tests) 512 DDR RAM
            Average wait while AI has it's moves in Modern age on map size standard and 8 civs = 45 seconds.

I now have time for the rest of my life!!!

Comment

Drool....

I think I'll go down to the UPS office to find out what the hell is taking them so damn long.

Comment

Working...
              X