A few question about civ3 and editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few question about civ3 and editing

I got the game for my husband for Christmas and in turn now have a slight headache, hes now, begging me to try and figure out what he couldn't about editing it.

However, at this point, after reading most of your posts, I'm given very little hope that it will be as simple as Civ2 was to edit or at least make changes.

Is there any way to delete an era without it crashing? I dislike the Industrial or modern eras and advances that go with them. Or if you can't delete an era from occuring, is there a way to disable the eras? The help files and book don't explain too much on what advance throws the civilization into the next era.

Will altering and renaming an advance (say Synthetic fibers to Weaving and instead of modern, make it ancient or middle ages) cause the game to crash?

Thank you for any help..

Kay
    Every tail has a tale. But not like a skunk's tail.

Re: A few question about civ3 and editing

Originally posted by Ladyskunk
    The help files and book don't explain too much on what advance throws the civilization into the next era.
    A new era starts, when you discovered all advances of the previous era, that don't have the 'not necessary for era-advancement'-mark.

Originally posted by Ladyskunk
    Will altering and renaming an advance (say Synthetic fibers to Weaving and instead of modern, make it ancient or middle ages) cause the game to crash?
    I put 'The Corporation' from the industrial era into the modern era, renamed it to 'Multinational Corporation' and it seems to work. Before you make such changes, you have to change the prerequisites for the advancements, that need the removed one beforehand (for my example steel and refining), but the editor will warn you, if there are such inconsitencies.

Comment

Thank you,

I'll give it a shot, all of you have my deepest respect.. Your able to do that which I never thought I could even think of trying..

Take care.

Kay
      Every tail has a tale. But not like a skunk's tail.

Comment

Working...
      X