Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRAPHIC: New Forest/Irrigation/Mine Tiles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAPHIC: New Forest/Irrigation/Mine Tiles!

I've made some new forest, jungle and irrigation squares (and the corresponding forrested hills and mountains) that should look much better than those Firaxis gave us...

You can download them here:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Enjoy!
    Peace is the dream of the wise; war is the history of man.

It's very nice and a lot clearly put into it.

It's better than the Firaxis version, however I think that snoopy's version goes better with the feel of the game...

If you could make the trees a bit bigger and closer together? It looks more like a small plantation than a dark forest or a deep jungle...

But that's only to my taste.

Generally it's very good work

Comment

dp
      Last edited by Sirotnikov; January 7, 2002, 19:01.

Comment

I think the plantation look is intentional, Sirotnikov. They represent irrigation, if I'm looking at the same picture you are.

Comment

The mines and irrigation are inspired but not what I was looking for. The forests are by far the best forest graphics I've seen.

I didn't care for the diseased tree look of you original plains graphic so I just copied the grassland file and renamed it plains forests.pcx and now I am very happy with the way forests and jungle looks in my games.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple
            I think the plantation look is intentional, Sirotnikov. They represent irrigation, if I'm looking at the same picture you are.
            Perhaps... I wouldn't know

I had very high fever when I looked at those...

I'm pretty sick

Comment

Can someone post a screenshot?

Comment

just go to the link - there's screenshots there
                Up the Irons!
                Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                Odysseus and the March of Time
                I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Wow! Looks just like Rairoad Tycoon II...

Comment

They look good, I will download when I get to my Civ 3 computer. Thank you for the work.

Comment

Broken link, can you help?

Would someone be willing to email these files to me: jhwooster@gmail.com ? They are no longer available through the link provided.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X