Science tree & Resource protection questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science tree & Resource protection questions

I've read in the Civ3 manual, page 94, that you don't need to complete all the science advances within an age to progress, just the compulsory ones. It then lists the optional advances for each age on page 95.
    I obtained all the necessary compulsory technologies and tried to advance from the Ancient age into the Middle ages but was alway pulled back into researching one of the optional Ancients. Any idea why this happens ?

Also, I've twice lost my Iron source to either a raiding Barbarian party or a passing Civ ( careless both times). In each case the resource was removed from my Cities allocation window even though the colony still appeared on the map and mine was the only road leading to the source.
    I guess I should alway post a militatry unit on these colonies in future however, what has happened to the resource? Is it lost forever, has the AI taken this ( without building a road ) or can I recover this someway by rebuilding another colony over it or something ?

I'm new to the Civ world and can't believe that something so complex and entertaining can be bought for so little.
Working...
X