Question: Luxuries with 16 Civs on Standard Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Luxuries with 16 Civs on Standard Map

Figured this would be the best forum in which to get an answer for this....

I've modified the game so that I can play 16 civs on a standard size map (I find this much more fun ) but now there are only 6 luxury types instead of the typical 8 spawning on the map. Is this a bug within the game or do the number of luxury types depend in some way on the number of civs vs. land area? Has this been noticed by anyone else?

As a sidenote: While 6 luxury types do spawn, 2 of the luxuries seem to occur with abnormally high numbers. Most luxuries occuring in ~6-7 squares, but the abnormally high ones occuring at almost double this occurance, ~10-12 squares)... strange
    "Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

That's odd. I have done the same thing, place 16 civ's on standard-sized maps. Had one map with 4 civ's on 4 continents, and each continent had 2 luxury items not available anywhere else. Sounds like a bug, but I haven't encountered it. The only trouble I had was figuring out I had to paint sea squares to get whales...
    -Daryl
    My words are backed by... Hey! Who stole my uranium??!!!

Comment

Wait, Bblue, I just noticed something. I made my maps myself. When creating a map with the editor, you pretty much have free reign to place resources, either liberally or sparingly. Your only limitation is the terrain type. Was your map computer-generated?
      -Daryl

Comment

Yes, the maps were completely computer generated. the only mod I made to the game was editing the rule for world size so that 16 civs always became an option on standard size maps
        "Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

Comment

Well, after getting tired of poor starting locations on computer-generated maps, I started making my own. I do have some computer-generated maps that I saved as scenarios, so I will take a look at them when I get back in town to my own PC. But, I am not sure whether they are standard-sized with 16 civ's or not.
          If they are, I can give you a report in a few days. -Daryl

Comment

Working...
          X