I'm done.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm done.....

I've given up on civ3, the constant lockups are too much. Apparently not enough of us experience them to get the problem addressed. I've searched for possible solutions from others who have the problem, without success.
    I know very little about the complications of programing, I'm sure its very complicated, and I am usually successful in troubleshooting. Not in this case. I'm going to unload the game and be done with it and all its successors.

I posted some information on this before, but I'll reply to yours.

I had problems with Civ3 locking up all the time. Then I upgraded from DirectX 8.0a to 8.1 and hadn't had a lock-up problem since. Later, I also installed the Civ3 patch, and still no lock-up problems.

So my suggestion would be to check your DirectX version, and also make sure you're using a good version of your graphics card and sound card drivers.

Comment

Thanks, I've tried all that, direct X 8.1, the patch, everything that's been suggested. Uninstall, reinstall, patch, reboot, the whole 9 yards.
      I've got a 400 Pent II
      256 megs of ram
      and of course a NVidia 32 MX, which is probably the problem.
      I bought a new graphics card to improve the games. This one just doesn't work with Civ3.
      I'm not sure if Nvidia or Fixaris is at fault, but it seems a more universally accepted graphics card is in order. Any suggestions?

Comment

I had the same problem with Civ3 Locking up. Someone posted a fix and now it locks up once every three hours instead of every five seconds.

Here it is:

GO TO: start
        GO TO: run
        type: MSCONFIG
        CLICK: Startup tab
        UNCLICK: load startup group items
        CLICK: Apply

This worked on windows ME

Comment

Working...
        X